Friday, February 6, 2009

Tasting Past Experments

I have a little bad news. The Honey Nut Brown ale that we last bottled is not that good. I'm not sure what the taste issue is but I think it is bleachy. @Punkass had mentioned this a last week but I didn't think this was so until tonight. I was going through the last two bottles that I had and found that I could taste it quite clearly. We thought that we were using too much bleach in the sterilization process or the local water supply. @PunkAss has tasted the Irish Stout and says that it tastes good. We are going to have to rethink some of the processes in place. The book mentioned below does have the bottle sterilization done in the dishwasher without soap. We just might have to try this. Even on the Irish Stout that being bottled tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment